You may be surprised to learn that Paolo is a keen chef; when he is not working wonders with interiors, you’ll most likely find him in the kitchen cooking up a storm. This is one of his favourite recipes; Insalata di pollo / Chicken salad.
You will need (serves 4)
- 1 Pre-cooked chicken
- 3 – 4 Little gem salad lettuces
- 2 – 3 Celery Sticks
- Italian ciabatta bread
- Scrape off all of the meat from the bones and chop it all on a wooden board.
- Chop 2 – 3 celery sticks, some little gem salad lettuces and add to a bowl.
- Add 1 tin of anchovies in olive oil into the salad including the oil.
- Add in some capers and lots of good mayonnaise.
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste and press it into a small bowl.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Just before serving, place some gem leaves around a serving dish and turn the bowl from the fridge upside down into the middle.
- Serve with some nice freshly baked Italian bread.
Paolo’s Tip: I normally make this with some leftover chicken from Saturday night dinner.
We would love to see your versions! Use #atpaolostable on Instagram and tag @paolomoschino or @nicholashaslamltd. Bon appetit!